A COMMERCIAL CO DETECTOR CAN SAVE LIVES
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, poisonous gas that threatens lives and sends about 100,000 people to the emergency department every year due to accidental poisoning, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It’s a product of combustion and results from the incomplete burning of carbon caused by malfunctioning equipment or appliances, worn parts, improper ventilation, portable generators, and fire fumes. If inhaled, it prevents the body from absorbing oxygen.
Some of the early signs of CO poisoning include headaches, shortness of breath, weakness, unclear thinking, and nausea. If not treated, it may lead to unconsciousness and possible death.
The good news is that CO poisoning is entirely preventable. You can protect your staff and customers at your Wichita, KS, property with a commercial CO detector.